Spent the last couple of hours updating the ‘links’ page on Crumbs with various organisations, websites and charities for different topics that arise in the stories. Really makes me wonder what the hell I’ve gotten myself into. My brainpigeons have ran errant. I suppose we’ll see if that’s a good thing or not.
Until then, I’m off to bed. Gonna keep sprucing up the Crumbs site and maybe get back on track with the comic. My current illustration project is currently on hold cos of reasons. Will report back on that as soon as I get more information.
Here’s yet another awesome thing about Japan: Pigeon Mask Parties.
Whether they’re made of feathers or latex, hanging out in the park or at a bar, it’s clear that pigeons love to flock. Did you know that a group of pigeons is called a loft? That means you could also call these gatherings Loft Parties. It sounds like Pigeon Mask code.
omg a hatoful boyfriend party
my birthday this year ok
OMG YES PLEASE!!!
GK let’s make this Fridays at our job.
OH MY GOD WHAT
Biloela — Wild Cockatoos, Leila Jeffreys
Australian Parrots. Types in order:
Major Mitchell’s Cockatoo
Black cockatoo (Possibly red tailed?)
Black cockatoo (yellow or white tailed?)
Black palm cockatoo
Sulphur crested cockatoo
Long billed Corrella
Gang Gang Cockatoo
eating bread crumbs in front of pigeons in order to assert dominance
One of my screen names is ‘Pugeon’ due to my pug and pigeon… obsessions. The idea of a pug/pigeon griffin hybrid amused me so a few days ago, I decided to make one up while waiting for some feedback from Steve on a few Bertie illustrations.
It came out looking a lot more like the Potoo bird than I ever intended.
1. name: Emma
2. birthday: 5th September
3. favorite color: Red
4. lucky number: 2 and 7. And 27.
5. height: 5’5 last time I checked.talents
1. last dream you remember: I don’t remember any recent dreams but I remember one time I gave birth to an apple and the midwife said it was the ‘fruit of my labour’ and I woke up in a grump.
2. can you juggle: It’s been years since I tried.
3. art/sports/both: Art
4. do you like writing: It’s pretty fun to do when you’re writing stories and plans for projects and stuff like that. And sometimes research notes if you’re a huge dork like I am.
6. do you like singing: I often catch myself murmuring whatever earworm is stuck in my brain at the time.fantasize
1. dream vacation: Anywhere with rollercoasters!
2. dream date: Dinner and cinema. Yeah it’s a cliche but it has movies and I get to eat and that’s always a winner with me.
3. dream guy/gal: Someone who sees me as an equal and who I can have a laugh with.
4. dream wedding: Pfft
5. dream pet: Pug.
6. dream job: Animator/concept artist at a studio. I’ve got a nifty gig illustrating some children’s books currently which is a good road to go down as well.
1. favorite song: Bring it all Back - S Club 7 helps me get out of bad funks.
2. favorite album: Does the Minecraft Soundtrack count? Cos I love all the music on that.
3. favorite artist: I have a few! I listen to Owl City and Daft Punk the most currently. Often depends on my mood what I listen to.
4. last song you heard on the radio: These Dreams - Heartpreferences
1. guys/girls: Someone who’s not an asshole
2. hair color: Don’t mind, as long as they wash it.
3. eye color: Not overly bothered.
4. humorous/serious: Oh they definitely have to be able to have a laugh. There are always times when it’s better to be serious but if I can’t joke about with someone, it’s jut not gonna work.
5. taller/shorter: Again, not terribly bothered.